EDCT have been successful in obtaining the lease on the former Fishmarket on Harbour Road).
This will be a community space which can be used for fruit/veg market, craft markets, music venue, performing space and lots more.
EDCT have been successful in obtaining a grant to convert the space as well as employ a project manager.
This is a really exciting project for the community and we welcome volunteers and anyone interested in getting involved.
Progress to date:
June 2015– awarded £20k from SSE and £60k from Peoples and Communities Fund to convert the space and employ a Project Leader, Project Officer and capital for community structure
· July 2015 – recruited a Project Officer to run TAM – Gale Coates
· September 2015 - EDCT now have the finalised lease for this space and the funding to convert ithave markets, offer training, music, any and all community events and ways of assisting the community to utilise this spacehave markets, offer training, music, any and all community events and ways of assisting the community to utilise this space
· October 2015 – Table top sales started at TAM
· November 2015 – Public Engagement Session with the communityand Business Gateway - introduced TEAM TAM - Youth Volunteers
· Nov/December 2015 - The Project Leader has been developing community networks and partnership working.
· December 2015 - planning submission applied for a community space. A modular unit where meetings, training and other community forums can be held.
· December 2015 - further funding being applied for to take the project past March 2016